Your privacy is very important to me. It’s important for all of us to understand how sites collect, use, protect, communicate and disclose and make use of our personal information. Any information you provide foodwithaview.com will only be used in accordance with this statement, and it applies only to foodwithaview.com.
Here’s my view:
- What information do I collect? The information I collect from you as you experience foodwithaview.com is limited to your email address (if you choose to subscribe) and your name and email address (if you choose to comment or email me directly). Your name is visible to others as a commenter, but your email address is kept private.
- How is it used? The purpose of collection, which is voluntary and at your consent, is to allow you to receive posts directly in your inbox without having to visit the site as a subscriber, and to prevent spam and malicious attacks on the site from commenters. If additional information is requested, I will identify the purpose for which information is being collected.
- Is my information publicly visible to others? If you create a user profile on the website or leave a comment, certain information may be publicly visible. To create a user profile, you must choose a display name and input your email address. Your email address will never be visible publicly.
- Will you let me know if you are going to use it for other reasons? Yes. I will collect and use said personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling that purpose and for other compatible purposes (i.e., other types of updates on site content, sharing information generally in line with foodwithaview.com’s purpose, as in a newsletter I may create in the future, responding to your comments or questions), unless I obtain your consent. Said simply, I am not going to use your email to start trying to get you to buy stuff.
- How long will you store my information? I will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes. I intend to store it as long as foodwithaview.com is operational.
- Will you protect my information? I will protect your personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification. I will never share your personal information with anyone else except as described below.
- What is your policy on collecting information from children? I do not knowingly collect any information from children under the age of 16. If a parent or guardian believes that I have acquired information from a child under the age of 16, please contact me immediately at email@example.com and we will promptly remove such information from our records.
- Can I get more information on your security practices? Upon request, I will make readily available to you information about my policies and practices relating to the management and storage of your personal information.
- Who are your third-party service providers that may have access to my information? foodwithaview.com uses third-party service providers to service various aspects of the site, some of whom may have access to information about users of foodwithaview.com. Each third-party service provider’s use of your personal information is dictated by their respective privacy policies. I currently use Google Analytics to track site usage and provide information such as referring websites and user actions on the website. Google Analytics may capture your IP address, but no other personal information is captured by Google Analytics. At this time, your personal information is not shared with any other third-party applications. This list may be amended from time to time at my sole discretion.
- What if ownership of foodwithaview.com changes? Except when required by law, I will not sell, distribute, or reveal your email addresses or other personal information without your consent; however, we may disclose or transfer personal information collected through the website to third parties who acquire all or a portion of our business, which may be the result of a merger, consolidation, or purchase of all or a portion of our assets, or in connection with any bankruptcy or reorganization proceeding brought by or against us.
- What about anonymous data? From time to time, we may use anonymous data, which does not identify you alone, or when combined with data from other parties. This type of anonymous data may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses. Examples of this anonymous data may include analytics.
- Are you participating in affiliate advertising programs? foodwithaview.com participates in affiliate marketing, which is done by embedding tracking links into the site. At this time this is only for links to Amazon for your shopping convenience as I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. If you click on a link to Amazon, a cookie will be placed on your browser to track any sales for purposes of commissions.
- How do I opt out of communications from you? You may opt-out of future email communications by following the unsubscribe links in our emails. You may also email me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org and I will remove you from the mailing list.
- How do I access my personal information? You may access your personal information at any time about you by submitting a request to email@example.com.
- How do I amend or delete my personal information? You may contact me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org to amend or update, erase, or forget your personal information. Please note that we may need to retain certain information for record keeping purposes or to complete transactions, or when required by law.
By using foodwithaview.com, you hereby consent to our disclaimer and agree to these terms. Please contact me at email@example.com for questions related to these policies.
I may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should periodically check back to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
This policy is effective from May 13, 2018.